THE WORLD’S 50 BEST BARS AWARDS RETURNS WITH THE DEFINITIVE LIST OF GLOBAL DRINKING DESTINATIONS
- Artesian in London voted the World’s Number One Bar for the fourth year running, claiming the Ketel One Best Bar In Europe & the World Award
- London bars make up 5 of the top ten, and 9 bars overall – one more than New York
- London Hotel bars come out top – with five included in the list – Artesian at The Langham, The American Bar & The Beaufort Bar at The Savoy, Dandelyan at Mondrian Hotel, and The Connaught Bar at the Connaught Hotel
- Innovative London bars make up the rest – 69 Colebrooke Row, Happiness Forgets and White Lyan and returning third placed jazz speakeasy Nightjar
- Europe tops regional charts with 23 bars included and USA wins best country with 14
- Barcelona’s Dry Martini and Hamburg’s Le Lion Bar de Paris are included in the list for a record-equalling seventh time
- Israel’s Imperial Craft Cocktail Bar, Cyprus bar Lost & Found and Puerto Rico’s La Factoria make dramatic assault on the list
On Thursday 8th October, Drinks International announced its highly anticipated World’s 50 Best Bars Awards 2015. The bars are chosen by an Academy of over 400 members; the strongest, most diverse collection of industry experts ever assembled to express their view on the best bars in the world.
The list represents the ultimate guide to the top bars and drinking destinations around the globe, with restaurant bars, speakeasies, hotel bars, and tiki themed venues all contributing to the diverse and eclectic list. This year’s ranking includes bars from 27 cities in 19 countries, with 14 new entries.
London prevailed once again to retain the Number One spot with Artesian taking the title of The World’s Best Bar for the fourth consecutive year. Located within The Langham Hotel, Artesian is headed up by Alex Kratena and Simone Caporale, who recently launched their show-stopping ‘Surrealism’ menu for 2015.
Last year’s top three remain unchanged; the Artesian’s fierce New York rivals Dead Rabbit remain at number two but crowned Botran Rum Best Bar In North America for the third consecutive year, and London’s Nightjar stays at number three.
The Savoy Hotel boasts two bars in the list: The American Bar and The Beaufort Bar. Two bars from rising star Ryan Chettiwardana Iain Griffiths are included in the list, Dandelyan at the Mondrian Hotel and White Lyan, a sign of global recognition of one of the most innovative bartenders in the world.
Whilst London leads the city rankings and claims the top spot, the US is home to the most bars in the list, showing their extensive cocktail heritage and buoyant contemporary cocktail scene. This year 14 bars are included and with two New York bars challenging in the top 10. Bars from San Francisco, Seattle, Miami, and Chicago follow New York’s lead to place the US as the Number One country in the list.
Elsewhere across the globe, the rise of cocktail culture shows no sign of ceasing with countries including Australia, Germany, Amsterdam, Mexico, Singapore, and Puerto Rico all with bars recognised in the awards.
Representatives from the world’s leading bars flew into the capital to attend the Awards at Christ Church Spitalfields in London, along with internationally renowned industry figures and celebrity supporters. The World’s 50 Best Bars is the most influential and respected global survey of its kind. The awards are the result of an international industry survey produced by Drinks International, the leading magazine for the global drinks industry.