While some well-established Japanese distilleries have already warned worldwide whisky enthusiasts they were starting to run low on stocks, Monde Shuzo Distillery, in partnership with the European distributor Les Whiskies du monde, is officially launching a brand new expression : Fujikai, a 10 Years Old Single Malt produced at the foot of the world-famous Mount Fuji !
WARNING: This edition is strictly limited to 8808 bottles !
- Bottled at 43% ABV / 50cl
- Matured for 10 years in ex-bourbon casks.
- The brand pays tribute to its home-country with references to Mount Fuji and the former prefecture of Yamanashi, once named Kai.
- Monde Shuzo remains an established actor of the Ji-Whisky scene.
- Color: amber
- Nose: deep and creamy – plums, apple, iodine
- Palate: dry and rich – warm spices, walnut, vanilla
- Finish: long and complex – salty and smoky notes
WHAT IS EXACTLY JI-WHISKY ?
Ji-Whisky refers to the local craft distilling scene in Japan and is often used to describe micro-distilleries: family-owned businesses using traditional methods. Those spirit-producing facilities often save some of their expressions for the local market only.
Monde Shuzo DISTILLERY
Monde Shuzo Distillery, founded in 1952 and located in Fuefuki, is also a rather established wine operator with a production capacity of 20 000 bottles of wine per day. Whisky production is therefore part of a wider diversification strategy developed by the establishment.
Following a successful background in the beverage industry, Alain Pontoizeau founded Les Whiskies du Monde back in 1999. The company imports and markets more than 200 spirit references in France and Europe.
Its exclusive brand portfolio comprises well-known names such as Tomatin, Writers Tears or the
Japanese Akashi. The carefully selected range also includes a large array of rhums, cognacs, gins and other premium & hyper premium spirits. Its exclusive Japanese selection can be purchased in 17 countries throughout Europe!