Its back! The annual list of the Top 10 Christmas presents for whisky lovers has been refreshed and updated. Why do I publish this? Well, I get asked all the time what I would recommend as presents for whisky lovers so it felt fitting to knock together a list of the top 10 Christmas presents for whisky lovers so you all know!
The new release marks the 6th Big Peat Christmas Edition, though this particular bottling is unlike any bottling ever released by the firm before. Traditionally a marriage of primarily Ardbeg, Bowmore, CaolIla and Port Ellen, this one-off Big Peat Limited Edition vatting includes all active distilleries on Islay, plus the long-closed, elusive and exclusive Port Ellen. Bottled at a natural cask strength of 54.6%, the new Christmas release is proudly without colouring or chill-filtration, in line with the Douglas Laing family philosophy to bottle “as natural as it gets”.
Experience whisky as it should be experienced
If you’ve been using tumblers or nosing glasses (copitas) for years, you’ll know the limitations of these two types of glass for whisky. Now comes the Glencairn Whisky Glass (it won the Queen’s Award for Innovation in 2006) and it gives you a perfect tapering at the top for nosing, and a nice, big bowl below that enhances tasting.
This is combined with good, solid bulk at the very bottom to give you that sturdiness I’ve always enjoyed with a tumbler, but which is lacking in thin-stemmed nosing copitas.
The Dram Team is a whisky-tasting-by-post subscription and gift service.
Each box of dram-based delight contains:
- Five 25ml drams of whisky averaging £50 RRP for 70cl, and up to £80 –
- The “Sixth Dram”: Our super-special 10ml taster dram at £125+ per 70cl –
- Full tasting note cards and a written tour of each flight –
- Monthly tweet tastings and exclusive subscriber offers –
If none of these suggestions looks right then have a rifle through his current selection, take a couple of pictures and drop us an email ([email protected]) and we’ll recommend bottles that he might like.
A little off subject, but having recently been using some new beard oil from Johnny’s Chop Shop, I can safely recommend their products.
Johnny’s Chop Shop is a breakthrough barber shop and male grooming brand from London, that fuses 1950/60s retro style and modern day trends. They craft honest, slick styles for men with a well groomed attitude, and offer essential product straight from the barbers shop for creating the sharpest look on the street.
For Christmas they offer a choice of 5 limited edition gift boxes sold exclusively at Boots, both instore and online. This sits alongside the core grooming range of 11 styling products, from Beard Oil and Grooming Cream to Face Balm and Hair Clay all available online at www.johnnyschopshop.co.uk.
Looking for a unique evening with your closest friends, family, colleagues? Greg of GreatDrams can create a bespoke in home or at work whisky tasting for up to thirty people that will not only wow but will educate and be knowledge and story-fuelled as much as it is whisky fuelled.
Each person’s attendance typically includes:
- A 20 minute intro to the history of whisky and the format of the event
- Tailored whiskies to the theme of the tasting, for example:
- Whisky from different regions
- Exploring peaty whisky
- Special Speysides
- International whiskies
- We will be discuss and tailor once you book a whisky tasting with GreatDrams
- A guided tasting by me through five whiskies including distillery stories
- All whiskies presented in official Glencairn tasting glasses
- There will be an educational side too so everyone will be able to properly nose and drink whisky by the end
- The opportunity to enjoy more after the official tasting finishes
- A gift of one official Glencairn or NEAT whisky glass per person
We even bring all Glencairn glasses and water jugs with us, clear up and take them all with us again leaving no cleaning or tidying burden to anyone we work with.
Prices will vary by the theme and amount of people so get in touch by clicking here and we can work on the details in no time.
What would you add to the top 10 Christmas presents for whisky lovers?