This page is designed to give you an overview of who is behind GreatDrams, who reads GreatDrams, ways to get involved with GreatDrams and future updates to the site.
Here are a set of shortcuts to each section you might be interested in:
Just to give you a very quick overview;
- GreatDrams attracts around 11,000 readers a month (as of September 2016)
- They read an average of 2.7 pages per visit
- My readers’ rough demographic is 60/40 split between male and female, aged 25 – 45 with a UK skew.
- GreatDrams also has over 8,200 Facebook likes, over 15,400 Instagram followers and over 4,600 Twitter followers, many of whom engage in vibrant discussion consistently.
As you’re probably aware, GreatDrams is predominantly written by me, Greg Dillon.
By day I consult with brands all over the world on their strategy, be it taking a new whisky to market to limited edition super premium gin packaging to global repositioning of heritage whisky brands.
I have been blogging for quite a while now and even won PR, Marketing, Media & Comms Blog of the Year, National Blogging Awards in April 2014 for GreatDrams’ sister blog, Strat-Talking.com. Strat-Talking was also shortlisted for the 2015 PR, Marketing, Media & Comms Blog of the Year award.
GreatDrams is ranked in the top five whisky blogs in the world by the International Whisky Competition, I was shortlisted for the prestigious IWSC Communicator of the Year 2015 award, as well as being highly commended in the Food & Drink category of the UK Blog Awards 2015 (and has been shortlisted for the same award this year as well as Most Innovative).
I quite often get readers emailing, Tweeting or Facebooking me to say that I have the best job in the world, and in all honesty I agree – but it takes hard work and utmost dedication to make sure it stays like that and can only be achieved by sticking to both my business principles and my editorial principles:
- I believe in great storytelling, expressing brands through the power of both the visual and the narrative
- I believe it is important to keep in mind – with all client projects – that brands need nurturing in order to live and grow to their full potential
- I believe that to be continually successful, brands must develop a clear strategy that feeds into innovative design
Editorial principles, there are only three:
- Honest opinion, never to be compromised or influenced by freebies or experiences
- Engaging tonality, always underpinned by fact and insight
- Open about the source of samples, but providing more than 75% of products reviewed myself
GreatDrams works with a number of PR firms and also directly with distilleries and whisky brands to review, interview and experience the world of whisky in order that I can write about it for my readers.
I am always keen to work with more whisky brands and PR firms (including other luxury spirits) as the site continues to grow.
Please note the editorial policies above and be aware that the sending of a whisky to review or attendance at events do not guarantee glowing reviews. The site’s success relies of the utmost honesty and commitment to telling emotive stories that resonate and inspire, not regurgitating marketing messages or writing the ubiquitous tasting notes that are by definition subjective.
Email me on email@example.com to get involved or with any queries or invites.